When Your Water Backs Up, It’s Time to Look Out.
Backflow is a reversal in water or sewage direction caused by a reversal in water pressure. Whether it’s water or sewage that backs up, contamination occurs. Backflow can occur and be confined to your own property or stem from problems with the city water supply. If left unchecked, the results can be harmful to your health.
At A-1 Sewer & Drain Plumbing & Heating, we are backflow testing and prevention specialists… ready to assist you 7 days a week in Virginia Beach, Norfolk, Chesapeake, Hampton, Newport News, Williamsburg, Yorktown, Suffolk, Portsmouth, Tabb, Grafton, Smithfield, James City County, and throughout Hampton Roads..
First, let’s see how backflow typically occurs:
- A break in a city water line can cause polluted water and other contaminants to enter the city water supply.
- Line flushing and firefighting can produce the same harmful result.
- Water systems that are supplied by wells or come in contact with untreated and contaminated streams or ponds also create potential backflow hazards.
- A toilet flush valve without an anti-siphon device can permit toilet odors, vapors and worse to get into household plumbing and the water you drink.
- If a garden hose is used to clean out sewer lines or rain gutter downspouts, a drop in pressure can cause contamination from those sources to be drawn back into your water supply.
- Similarly, water being used to fill a swimming pool can be drawn back into the water supply during pressure drops, bringing contamination with it.
- If an insecticide attachment is used on a garden hose, backflow can cause potentially lethal contamination of water supplies.
That’s why A-1 Sewer & Drain Plumbing & Heating Plumbing offers you our professional backflow testing and prevention services; namely, to help protect your family’s or employee’s drinking water by blocking contaminants from entering your home or business.
Areas Of Expertise
Our commercial and residential plumbing company is expert at drain cleaning, plumbing repairs, water heaters, sewer line replacement, water line replacements, water heater installation, tankless water heaters, leak detection, slab leaks, sewer and drain cleaning, water jetting, backflow meter, backflow prevention, clogged drains, dishwasher installation, drain repair, emergency plumbing repair, faucet and fixture installation, garbage disposals, gas leaks, jewelry retrieval, kitchen fixture installation, leaky faucet repairs, line locating, pipe cleaning, pipe repair, plumbing inspections, professional drain cleaning, root removal, sewer lines, sink problems, shower problems, tank water heaters, toilet installation, toilet repair, water heater repair, and water leak detection.
We serve home owners and businesses in Virginia Beach, Norfolk, Chesapeake, Hampton, Newport News, Williamsburg, Yorktown, Suffolk, Portsmouth, Tabb, Grafton, Smithfield, James City County, and throughout Hampton Roads.