Our plumbers in Virginia Beach and throughout Hampton Roads are often asked by customers how to eliminate foul odors in their garbage disposals. Below are some do-it-yourself, inexpensive remedies we recommend:
• Citrus Fruit: One of the easiest and least expensive ways to rid your garbage disposal of any strong odors is with a lemon, lime or orange. Take one of these of any size, cut it into small sections, and toss it down the garbage disposal when it’s grinding. The citrus scent eliminates the ugly odor and leaves your kitchen smelling wonderful!
• Vinegar: If you don’t like the smell of citrus fruit, you can pour a half cup of distilled white vinegar down the garbage disposal and let the cold water run at the same time.
• Baking Soda & Vinegar: Turn on the garbage disposal and pour about 1 cup of dry baking soda down, along with a cup of distilled white vinegar.
• Ice Cubes: Dropping a handful of ice cubes into your garbage disposal when it’s running removes strong odors and can also sharpen the blades at the same time.
• Bleach: A mild bleach, roman cleanser or slightly fragrant bleach poured down the garage disposal along with running cold water can also free up old food particles and get rid of smells.
If you are having garbage disposal problems or any other type of sewer, drain or plumbing problem, please call us at (757) 467-0000 or click here to email us.
More about our plumbers in Virginia Beach & Hampton Roads
Since 1987, A-1 Sewer & Drain Plumbing & Heating has consistently served the commercial and home plumbing needs of satisfied customers in Hampton Roads. With nearly 30 years of work to our credit, our plumbing company is extremely proud of its A+ Rating with the Better Business Bureau. Our Class A Contractor plumbing company and it plumbers in Virginia Beach and throughout Hampton Roads have more than 260 years of combined plumbing and drain experience, which means we’ve seen it all – the good, the bad and the ugly – and will solve your plumbing problem with integrity and professionalism.
Our plumbers in Virginia Beach, Norfolk, Chesapeake, Hampton, Newport News, Williamsburg, Yorktown, Suffolk, Portsmouth, Tabb, Grafton, Smithfield, James City County, and throughout Hampton Roads serve home owners and commercial businesses.