Reduce your water heating costs
Your monthly water heating costs can vary greatly depending on the age and model of your water heater. Here are some tips from our plumbers on how to reduce your monthly water heating costs and how to use your water heater efficiently:
- Turn down the water heaters temperature: Set it no higher than 120 degrees to increase efficiency and lower the risk of scalding burns.
- Add insulation: Insulating your water heater in Virginia Beach, Norfolk, Chesapeake, Hampton, Newport News, Williamsburg, Yorktown, Suffolk, Portsmouth, Tabb, Grafton, Smithfield, or James City County is not difficult. However, if you cover the wrong area it could be dangerous. Our plumbers perform this job frequently with great results.
- Replace faucets and shower heads: Installing low flow fixtures can greatly reduce the amount of water you are using, without cutting into your shower time. Using less hot water will also make your water heater work less and last longer, which mean avoiding a water heater repair or a water heater replacement.
- Wash laundry on cold: Many people don’t believe this, but cold water cleans most laundry just as well as hot water.
- Do not wash dishes by hand: If you have the choice of washing dishes by hand or using your dishwasher, our plumbers recommend using your dishwasher. A dishwasher uses less water than hand-washing dishes, as long as your dishwasher is an energy-efficient model. Again, this method uses less hot water, saving wear and tear on your water heater and avoiding a water heater repair or a water heater replacement.
- Upgrade to a new model: New, energy-star certified water heaters can greatly reduce utility bills in Virginia Beach, Norfolk, Chesapeake, Hampton, Newport News, Williamsburg, Yorktown, Suffolk, Portsmouth, Tabb, Grafton, Smithfield, and James City County thanks to advancements in technology and efficiency standards.
If you’re looking for plumbers to perform a water heater repair or water heater installation, we’ve been doing it successfully throughout Hampton Roads since 1987 and we’ve earned an A+ Rating from the Better Business Bureau. To get a free phone estimate, please call us at (757) 467-0000 or click here to email us.
More about our water heater repair and water heater replacement company
Since 1987, A-1 Sewer & Drain Plumbing & Heating has consistently served the commercial and home plumbing needs of satisfied customers in Virginia Beach, Norfolk, Chesapeake, Hampton, Newport News, Williamsburg, Yorktown, Suffolk, Portsmouth, Tabb, Grafton, Smithfield, and James City County. With nearly 30 years of work to our credit, our local plumbing company is extremely proud of its A+ Rating with the Better Business Bureau. Our Class A Contractor plumbing company has more than 260 years of solving every plumbing emergency from a clogged kitchen sink to a water heater replacement, which means we’ve seen it all – the good, the bad and the ugly – and we will solve your plumbing problem with integrity and professionalism.