Selecting a new water heater
When selecting a new water heater replacement for your home, our plumbers recommend that you choose a water heater that will provide enough hot water for the entire family and also be energy efficient.
There are a fair amount of different water heaters for homes in Virginia Beach, Norfolk, Chesapeake, Hampton, Newport News, Williamsburg, Yorktown, Suffolk, Portsmouth, Tabb, Grafton, Smithfield, and James City County. Our plumbers can help you determine the right size and fuel source for your home. Water heater types include:
- Conventional storage water heater: offers a ready reservoir — storage tank — of hot water
- Tankless or demand-type water heater: heat water directly without the use of a storage tank
- Heat pump water heater: move heat from one place to another instead of generating heat directly for providing hot water
- Tankless coil and indirect water heater: use a home’s space heating system to heat water
Before you purchase a water heater replacement, please call one of our plumbers in Virginia Beach, Norfolk, Chesapeake, Hampton, Newport News, Williamsburg, Yorktown, Suffolk, Portsmouth, Tabb, Grafton, Smithfield, or James City County and we will gladly help you select the best water heater for your home, taking into account the following:
- Fuel type, availability and cost: The fuel type or energy source you use for water heating will affect the water heater’s annual operation costs, as well as the size of the tank.
- Tank size: To provide your household with enough hot water and to maximize efficiency, you need a properly-sized water heater. Our plumbers can make sure you get the right size the first time around.
- Energy efficiency: Labels and manuals can be confusing. Count on our plumbers to help you get the right water heater to maximize your energy and cost savings.
- Install fees: Water heaters greatly fluctuate in price as well as plumber installation fees. Before you purchase a water heater replacement, call our plumbing company to make sure you’re getting a good deal and not the deal of the day.
Water heater fuel type
When selecting a new water heater, it’s important to consider what fuel type or energy source you will use, including its availability and cost.
- Electricity: fuel conventional storage, tankless or demand-type, and heat pump water heaters. It also can be used with combination water and space heating systems, which include tankless coil and indirect water heaters.
- Fuel oil: fuel conventional storage water heaters, and indirect combination water and space heating systems.
- Geothermal energy: for those who will have or already have a geothermal heat pump system
- Natural gas: fuels conventional storage and demand (tankless or instantaneous) water heaters, as well as combination water and space heating systems, which include tankless coil and indirect water heaters.
- Propane: fuels conventional storage and demand (tankless or instantaneous) water heaters, as well as indirect combination water and space heating systems..
If you’re looking for plumbers to perform a water heater repair or water heater replacement, we’ve been doing it successfully throughout Hampton Roads since 1987 and we’ve earned an A+ Rating from the Better Business Bureau. To get a free phone estimate, please call us at (757) 467-0000 or click here to email us.
More about our water heater repair and water heater replacement company
Since 1987, A-1 Sewer & Drain Plumbing & Heating has consistently served the commercial and home plumbing needs of satisfied customers in Virginia Beach, Norfolk, Chesapeake, Hampton, Newport News, Williamsburg, Yorktown, Suffolk, Portsmouth, Tabb, Grafton, Smithfield, and James City County. With nearly 30 years of work to our credit, our local plumbing company is extremely proud of its A+ Rating with the Better Business Bureau. Our Class A Contractor plumbing company has more than 260 years of solving every plumbing emergency from a clogged kitchen sink to a water heater replacement, which means we’ve seen it all – the good, the bad and the ugly – and we will solve your plumbing problem with integrity and professionalism.